What Is a Breast Lift Procedure All About?
- A breast lift procedure works at lifting and reshaping the breasts so that it will lose its sagging appearance that could have been brought on by aging, pregnancy, or weight loss. This permanent enhancement procedure is sometimes done along with breast augmentation.
- There are various techniques employed in a breast lift procedure. However, the most commonly used is the anchor-shaped incision, which is the most practical as it follows the breast’s natural contour. This incision serves as an outline of the area where the skin is to be removed and the nipple placed.
- During the breast lift procedure, the skin around the areola would be brought down and then placed together so that the breast can be reshaped.
- There are cases where breast augmentation is done along with this procedure to increase the breast’s size while reshaping it.
- The set of incisions needed for your breast lift procedure will be discussed between you and your surgeon during the initial consultation. This is so your satisfaction of the overall results will be guaranteed.
How Do I Prepare for a Breast Lift Procedure?
Your surgeon will also give you instructions on what to eat and drink. Guidelines on taking medications, vitamins, and quitting on smoking would also be given out. Starting at two days before the breast lift procedure, you will also be asked to bathe using antimicrobial soap.
Here are some of the guidelines that you need to follow prior your breast lift procedure:
- You should quit smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- You should also stop taking vitamin E supplements as well as aspirins or other anti-inflammatory medications at least two weeks before and after the surgery.
- From six to eight hours before the time of your surgery, you should also take care not to eat anything even mints or gums or drink anything even water.
What Are the Advantages of a Breast Lift Procedure?
The advantages that you can get out of going through a breast lift procedure are centered not just on your physical appearance but also on healing your emotional wounds.
So here are the benefits that you can experience after getting a breast lift procedure:
- Small and large-breasted patients can enjoy from the effective lifting and reshaping of drooping breasts done through breast lift procedure. There are cases though when women with smaller breasts can retain their lift longer than those with larger breasts.
- Women can get more youthful-looking and perkier breasts after a breast lift procedure. This is through the lifting and the tightening process done during the surgery.
- Those who went through breast lift procedure will also enjoy having the increase of their clothing options. Once they have firmer and fuller breasts, they are already able to wear sexy dresses and are able to get a bitter fit out of their brassieres.
- Breast lift procedures can also boost the confidence of women who had them. Because they get a better self-image through surgery, these women will feel more comfortable in their own skin. This will result in their participating in more social activities than they did before.
What Are the Side Effects of Breast Lift Procedure?
Although surgeons try their best to minimize side effects, risks, and complications during and after a breast lift procedure, they can still be experienced by some patients. These might be rare cases, but it is still best to be aware of them.
Here are some of the possible side effects, risks, and complications that could occur with a breast lift procedure:
- Loss of sensation on the nipples. This usually happens immediately after the breast lift procedure and could go away after a few days or weeks. Although this could only be temporary, there are other cases when this complication becomes permanent.
- Problems on the asymmetry of your breasts. There could be slight differences that could be noticed on the size and shape of your breasts following the breast lift procedure.
- Visible scarring of the incisions. These scars usually extend around the nipple area and go vertically down until it goes under the breast. Although these scars will eventually fade in time, they might still be visible because of their width.
- Aside from these, there are also other risks and complications that come with a breast lift procedure and these include excessive bleeding, swelling, nerve damage, nipple discoloration, and infections.
What Do I Need to Do After a Breast Lift Procedure?
The average healing period after a breast lift procedure could range from one to two weeks, although this might differ from patient to patient. This is because the healing process is affected by several factors, which include drinking, smoking, genetics, and the surgery’s extent.
Because there will be tenderness, soreness, swelling, and pain immediately after the breast lift procedure, the best thing that you need to do during this time is sleep. Taking your pain medications and antibiotics will also help a lot.
Other things that you would have to do after a breast lift procedure include:
- Have someone help you out during the first 24 to 72 hours after surgery, especially with the cooking and cleaning. This is because you need to limit your movements during this time to avoid more pain and soreness.
- Wear a surgical bra once your sutures have been removed. This will support your breast during the healing process.
- Sleep or rest on your back while in a reclining position for a minimum of six to ten days. You should also take care not to sleep on your stomach for a minimum of six weeks.
How Much Does a Breast Lift Procedure Cost and What Are the Other Choices?
Going through a breast lift procedure will cost you a great deal of money. Because this is a surgery that will not be covered by any health insurance policy, then you would have to shoulder all the expenses yourself.
- As such, you need to prepare at least $4,000 to as much as $9,000.
- On the average, a surgeon will get some $3,500 for performing a breast lift procedure.
- You would also need to pay some $1000 for the surgery facility and $700 for the anesthesiologist.
If you wish to consider other options aside from going through a breast lift procedure, there are also alternatives available in the market.
- While you can make use of push-up bras, there are also massage treatments, and pectoral exercises that can be done.
- Laser treatment can also be an alternative for breast lift procedure. This non-invasive procedure works at tightening the chest area’s skin and then pulls up the breasts. This does not require anesthesia and provide results immediately.
What Is Breast Reduction Surgery?
It is a surgical procedure that reduces the size of a man’s or a woman’s breast due to certain problems that it brings. Some women find that having big breasts are more of a burden than a boon. This is when they find that they cannot do a lot of things due to the weight that they have to carry because of their big breasts.
- Some men find themselves with breasts that look like those you can find on a woman. This is often due to a problem called gynecomastia and this is often due to certain factors like obesity or the use of steroids.
- Sometimes a man can have big breasts that sag due to weight gain and then sudden weight loss afterwards. He may need to have surgery to help reduce the flap or the sagging of the breasts to help his chest return to its normal form.
How Do I Prepare for a Breast Reduction Surgery?
Some of the things you need to do when you are scheduled for breast reduction surgery is to avoid smoking and drinking at least a couple of weeks before your scheduled operation. This is to help with the recuperative process as well as to avoid any complications with blood clotting during the procedure itself.
- You will also be advised to stay away from certain blood thinning medications like aspirin. It would be advisable to tell your doctor if you are under any prescription medications to help him ascertain whether it is safe for you to continue taking these or to cease ingesting them for the time being.
- You might need to have someone help you with your recuperative days at home. Since you will be feeling somewhat groggy and tired from the operation during the first three days of recovery, having someone assist you with even the smallest chore will help you a lot.
What Are the Advantages of Breast Reduction Surgery?
It is often a welcome operation for men who suffer from gynecomastia and from loose skin that is a result of sudden weight loss. It is also a blessing for those women who find that having big breasts is giving them back and neck pain problems. An operation that reduces the size and weight of breasts can be very advantageous to both genders in their own ways.
- When a man has breast reduction surgery, he gets to remove the breasts that may be causing him embarrassment and the need to wear thick shirts that are uncomfortable.
- Women who suffer from the problem of big breasts benefit from breast reduction surgery in more ways than one. Aside from the removal of the discomfort that they feel in their backs and in their necks due to the weight of their breasts, they also get to wear clothes that they find they cannot fit into because of the size of their breasts.
- Confidence and added self-esteem is also one of the advantages both men and women get from reduction surgery.
What Are the Side Effects of Breast Reduction Surgery?
Some of the minor side effects you may expect with breast surgery include some pain, swelling, bruising, itching, and rashes or redness. These are also the same side effects you can expect from other breast surgeries. These often dissipate with the help of pain relievers, anti-itch ointments, and rest.
- The serious side effects and complications that can be associated with breast reduction surgery includes excessive bleeding during the procedure itself and the adverse reaction a patient may have to the anesthetic being used.
- Another possible serious side effect is his infection. This may occur if the patient is not careful in taking care of his or her health after the operation.
- Uneven nipple height is also another possible side effect that this procedure may have.
What Do I Need to Do after Breast Reduction Surgery?
After you have had breast reduction surgery, you will need to take care of yourself to help with the proper healing of the wounds of your operation. One of the things you need to remember is that smoking is still off limits as well as drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- You will need to get ample rest and proper nutrition when you are recovering from your operation. One of the things that can work to your benefit is to spend a few days getting well in the recuperative facility of the clinic you had your operation in. At the least, you should stay overnight for your doctor to check for any complications that may arise in the first 24 hours of your recuperative period.
- You will also want to have someone take care of you and your needs when you are recovering from the operation at home. You cannot lift heavy things, do strenuous activities or even tire yourself out since these will have adverse effects on your wounds.
How Much Does Breast Reduction Surgery Cost and Are there Any Alternatives?
Breast reduction surgery cost differently for men and women. Most men who undergo breast reduction procedures to help treat gynecomastia or to remove the fat and skin that make them look like they have a woman’s breasts often pay somewhere around $2,000 to $5,000, depending on what needs to be done to reduce their breasts back to their normal size.
- Women who have undergone surgery can get their breast sizes reduced at the cost of around $5,000 to $10,000 with an average price of $7,000 for most people.
- You can try to reduce the size of your breasts by using breast reduction medication and herbal treatments that are said to be effective in diminishing the size of a person’s breasts. You can also try to reduce your breast size by exercising if the problem stems from excess weight or from obesity.
What Is Breast Reconstructive Surgery?
Breast reconstructive surgery is a procedure that attempts to return the balance and symmetry seen on a woman’s bust line.
- This can be done immediately after the woman has a mastectomy or it can be done after some time. This usually depends on the emotional and psychological as well as physical condition of the patient who is to undergo the operation.
- It results often vary from case to case and how much of the original breast still remains. Results may also depend on whether or not the patient would want to have implants added to the reconstructed breast or not.
- While symmetry is the goal for breast reconstructive surgery, the patient will still notice differences in each breast. These differences, however, are not noticeable when the patient is clothed, and symmetry can be achieved in this way.
How Do I Prepare?
When you are to undergo breast reconstructive surgery, certain considerations for your emotional, psychological as well as physical health is taken into consideration. Breast cancer and a mastectomy is a very traumatizing event and this may require a patient to undergo certain support treatments to help her overcome the loss of her breast or breasts to cancer.
- A patient should also discuss the procedure of breast reconstructive surgery with her doctor before proceeding. Since the process takes more than one operation, with the initial surgery being the creation of the mound for the breast and subsequent procedures reconstruct the other parts of the breast like the areola and the nipple, it would be wise for a patient to discuss up to what extent should go and the time frame for the completion of such a task is set.
- Aside from the operations, you will also need to discuss the cost of the whole process with your doctor as well as discuss the possible complications and possible risks involved with such a procedure.
What Are the Advantages of Breast Reconstructive Surgery?
Women who have to undergo a mastectomy due to cancer know how it feels to lose a breast and the reconstruction of the lost part of their anatomy helps them to bring back some of the self-confidence they lost after the breast removal operation. This helps a woman regain some part of the womanhood she felt she lost with the removed breast.
- Another advantage that a woman can claim to get when she has breast reconstructive surgery is the return of the symmetry of her chest. She will no longer need to rely too much on uncomfortable and hot breast pads under her bra to help fill up the void.
- She can also get to wear the clothes she has not been wearing ever since she lost her breast to a mastectomy. She can also expand her wardrobe to include clothes that do not hide the unevenness of her chest.
What Are the Side Effects of Breast Reconstructive Surgery?
Some of the side effects you can expect from that are common to all types of breast operations and others are due to certain reconstructive techniques that are used for breast reconstruction. Here are some of them:
- The common side effects are also possible side effects for other breast surgeries include infection, bleeding, and an allergic reaction to the anesthetic being used.
- A person may experience problems with the implants being used for their reconstructive surgery procedure and this problem is also seen in some people who have breast augmentation surgery. Capsular contracture is one of these problems and this can be resolved with the removal of the implant or the removal of the scar tissue.
- One of the problems that may occur after a person has breast reconstruction surgery concerns the flap that was created to help reconstruct the person’s breast. Since the flap that is used to recreate the breast is taken from some other part of the patient’s body, there may be complications with the flap itself or the area where the flap was taken.
What Do I Need to Do after Breast Reconstructive Surgery?
The healing of a person’s breasts after surgery is often dependent on a few factors and included in the list of factors are the person’s health condition and personal rate of recuperation and the adherence to the guidelines that the doctor has set for the woman’s recuperative process.
- One of the things that a patient should avoid doing while recuperating from breast reconstructive surgery is to lift heavy objects and to engage in strenuous activities. Exercise, cleaning of the house, and even going back to work should be postponed for at least a couple of weeks to help with proper healing.
- Return visits to your surgeon should also be followed as well to help with any necessary follow-ups to your breast’s reconstruction. Your surgeon will advise you on what needs to be done next and if there are more reconstructive steps to be taken.
How much does it Cost and Are There Any Alternatives?
When a patient needs to undergo breast reconstructive surgery, cost is often one of the primary concerns. Since this process takes a bit of time to complete, depending on the extent of reconstruction you need to undertake, you may want to talk to your insurance company about their covering these procedures. If your insurance does not cover this process, you may want to consider financing for your breast reconstruction operations.
- The cost of breast reconstructive surgery varies since there are many different factors to be considered with each case. The extent of the mastectomy, the inclusion or exclusion of implants in the procedure, the number of operations needed to complete the process an the recuperative care costs can help add up to quite a huge sum.
What Breast Lift Information Do I Need to Know?
Planning to go through any cosmetic procedure would need for your careful research. If you have a problem with your sagging breasts and you want it enhanced through a breast lift procedure, then you need to gather some information before making your decision.
- First off, you should know that a breast lift would give your breasts a new shape and a much-needed lift, especially if they are sagging because of aging or pregnancy. This breast lift info will let you know of the permanence of this enhancement.
- A breast lift could also be done along with breast augmentation so that both firmness and increased size of your breasts can be achieved. This breast lift information will give you options on the answers that you could get for your sagging breast problem.
- Another thing you should need to know is that there are different types of incisions used during a breast lift surgery. These are the doughnut, the lollipop, and anchor-shaped incisions. Your surgeon will discuss these and other choices with you during your initial consultation.
What Breast Lift Information Will Help Me Prepare for the Procedure?
Once you have gathered all you want to know about the breast lift procedure itself, the next step would be to look for more breast info about how to prepare for the surgery.
This will let you know of the precautionary measures that you need to do so that risks for complications during surgery can be lessened and your speedy recovery can be ensured.
Here is some valuable breast lift info on preparing for the breast lift procedure:
- Anti-inflammatory medications and aspirins should be avoided at all cost at least two weeks before the operation. These drugs have some properties that could thin the blood and could cause complications during surgery.
- Smoking and drinking should be avoided months before going through a breast lift surgery and stopped altogether at least two weeks prior to it. These vices could increase the risks for complications during the surgery.
- A protein-rich diet is needed to be taken in starting months before the surgery as this could help very much in the healing process of the body.
- Loose-fitting clothing is best worn for during the scheduled surgery date as they are easier to remove and put back on.
What Breast Lift Information Will Provide Me the Advantages of the Surgery?
Aside from preparations, there is also a number that you can gather on the advantages that breast lift procedure can provide.
Here is some breast lift info on the advantages of the surgery that can help you make up your mind:
- Your drooping breasts can be corrected. Also called ptosis, drooping of the breasts is caused by volume loss due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, aging, and excessive loss of weight as well as skin stretching. Because of the removal of the excess skin and then the raising of the breast tissue inside, breasts that are fuller and firmer looking can be achieved.
- Your confidence could be enhanced. A lot of women who underwent breast lift operation experienced a positive change in their quality of life. This is because of their feeling more comfortable about their looks after their surgery and their enhanced self-esteem.
- Your breast will be given a more youthful appearance. The lifting and tightening of the breast tissues during breast lift surgery would give your breasts a more youthful and perkier look. You would be among the number of women who have said that their breasts looked considerably younger after having a breast lift.
What Side Effects or Risks Will I Know from Breast Lift Information?
There are other important issues that you should know about, and this concerns the side effects or risks that come with the breast lift procedure. These will be discussed by your surgeon during your consultation so you can make an informed decision.
First off, you have to know that breast lift scars are known to be more extensive compared to the ones you’d get from breast augmentation. This is because the surgery is more invasive and requires the removal of skin.
Other side effects or risks that you can gather from breast lift info include:
- heavy scarring or what is also known as keloid
- reactions to the anesthesia
- changes in the color of the nipples
- nipple numbness that is temporary but could become permanent
- slow healing
- nerve damage
- irregularities in the positioning of the areola and the nipples
- obstruction during mammography
- relapse or the drooping of the breasts again
- slight difference in the size and shape of both breasts
What Breast Lift Information Will Tell Me What I Need to Do After the Surgery?
Further breast lift information that you should know concerns what should be done after the surgery. Knowing this is very important because it would ensure your comfort and speedy recovery after going through a breast lift operation.
Here are some of the more valuable post-operation instructions that you should glean from the breast lift info that you could gather:
- You must limit your movements and make sure not to lift anything heavy for a minimum of three weeks.
- You must have somebody to stay with you at least 24 to 72 hours after the surgery so you won’t have to do the cooking and cleaning yourself.
- You may be instructed by your surgeon to apply ice on the operation site for about twenty minutes during every hour. This should be done for at least 48 hours. Make sure to avoid the nipple area in the application of cold compresses though.
- You must take care not to lie down on your stomach for a minimum of six weeks.
- Sleeping on your back in a reclining position is advised for at least six to ten days after surgery.
What Breast Lift Information Will Let Me Know the Cost and Alternatives of the Surgery?
The cost of going through breast lift surgery is also one of the breast lift information that you should know about. This is so you could prepare your finances before going through the procedure.
- Roughly, you would need some $4,000 to $9,000 for a breast lift procedure.
- On the average, you will be spending some $700 of this for the anesthesiologist, $1000 for the surgery facility, and some $3,500 for your surgeon.
- However, this breast lift info might not work for you if you don’t have the money for it. There are alternatives that you could look into though if you would really like to have your sagging breasts corrected. These include massage treatments and pectoral exercises.
- Other breast lift information could tell you that there is a laser treatment that could be done in place of breast lift surgery. This treatment is non-invasive and tightens the chest area’s skin and then lifts up the breasts.
What Is Breast Enhancement Surgery?
Breast enhancement surgery is a cosmetic procedure that gets a person’s breasts to look better through a number of ways. Usually, when you talk about breast enhancement, the thing that comes to mind is the increase in breast size but in actuality, breast enhancement may also include breast lifts and breast reconstructive surgery along with the enlargement of one’s breasts.
- It is one of the most popular breast surgeries around. When a woman wants to have her breasts look fuller or bigger. It is the kind of operation she needs.
- This surgery can sometimes be part of a person’s breast lift procedure. When a woman wants to uplift her breasts without having to make a lot of incisions, breast enhancement surgery can help with this. The deflated breasts can be lifted up with the use of the implants that are used with breast augmentation procedures.
How Do I Prepare for a Breast Enhancement Surgery?
You will need to find out how big the enhancement would be to best fit your build and frame and whether or not there are health problems you should be concerned about should you have any medical history of certain ailments or problems with scarring.
- For breast enlargement surgery, the preparations you have to go through are similar to the other preparations cosmetic surgery patients go through. One of the things you will need to avoid when you are scheduled for surgery is blood thinning agents or medicines like aspirin. Ask your doctor what medications you should avoid and inform him a few weeks in advance what medications you are taking as well.
- You should also tell your doctor if you are allergic to anesthetics since this may cause serious problems when you are given anesthesia for the operation.
What Are the Advantages of Breast Enhancement Surgery?
Women who have had breast enhancement surgery often find that they are more confident with how they look. Since most women who get this type of operation done do so to help enhance their figure or to get a better looking figure, the added breast size makes them feel sexier and more appealing, making them exude more confidence.
- Self esteem is not the only thing that gets a boost along with the breast size the woman gets. You will also find that you can now wear clothes that you wouldn’t dare wear before or couldn’t fit in properly before. You get to increase your wardrobe choices with such an operation and you’ll find that you look better in some of the clothes you felt awkward in previously.
- You will also find that you are no longer ashamed of how you look since people will be admiring your new form.
What Are the Side Effects of Breast Enhancement Surgery?
There are a number of side effects to watch out for with breast enhancement surgery. Some of these are temporary and will eventually disappear in a few days while some of them may be permanent. One of the temporary side effects of breast enlargement surgery is the swelling and the bruising you will get after the operation. This is a natural occurrence since the breasts are going through the healing process and this will disappear in a few days or so.
- You will also find that the incisions you have from the surgery will begin to itch as healing progresses. Try to keep anti-itch ointments handy for just such a problem since scratching the healing wounds should definitely be avoided.
- One of the possible permanent side effects of breast enhancement surgery is the lack of sensation in the nipples or the heightened sensations one feels in their breasts.
What Do I Need to Do after Breast Enhancement Surgery?
After your breast enhancement surgery, you may want to stay a couple of days or so at the recuperation facility of your surgeon’s clinic or in an affiliated hospital for proper post-surgery care. Since the bandages have to be removed from your breasts after three to five days and your doctor will need to check on your breast drainage procedures as well as how well you are healing, being within easy reach of your surgeon is important.
- There are some patients who prefer an outpatient recovery. So if you are such a patient, you will need to have someone drive you home after your surgery and back to the clinic after a few days for your bandage removal and checkups.
- You will also need someone to help you with your daily activities since you will be rather incapacitated after your surgery. Your movements will be rather restricted due to the pain you might feel from the operation and you will need someone to do most of the things you need to do for you to help avoid the opening of the surgical wounds or sutures.
How Much Does Breast Enhancement Surgery Cost and Are There Any Alternatives?
When you are contemplating on getting a cosmetic surgery breast enlargement, you should know that most insurance companies wouldn’t cover such an expense. There are some financing options you can try though and you might want to ask your surgeon about this.
- The cost of breast enlargement surgery runs at around $3,000 to $7,000 for the procedure and the breast implants usually start off at around $1,000 for a pair. Usually the price for breast implants will depend on the type of implants you are going to use as well as the size of the implants you want to be placed in your breasts.
Alternatives to breast enhancement surgery include non-invasive techniques like breast enlargement pills or supplements, gadgets that force the breasts to enlarge over time due to the forced tissue buildup through pressure and breast creams that are topically applied to the person’s breasts. Breast enlargement gadgets may cost a person around $2,500 for a starter kit while breast enlargement pills and creams cost a few hundred dollars to purchase.
What Are the Side Effects or Risks of Breast Lift Liposuction?
However, there are really cases when these will still rear their ugly heads. As such, before going through breast lift liposuction, it is better to be aware what these possible side effects must be.
Here are some of them:
- Wound infections. This is a rare occurrence but could happen within six weeks after the procedure.
- Scarring. Because of the extensive incisions made during a breast lift liposuction, it is very likely that visible scarring will be experienced. Although scars normally fade over time, there are really others that remain.
- Asymmetry problems. Breast lift sometimes cause slight but noticeable differences on the shape and size of the breasts.
- Pain and discomfort. This is to be expected after surgery and could be eased by taking in painkillers.
- Itching. This is a common side effect after surgery because it is a natural reaction of the skin when healing. This could be eased by massaging some moisturizer on the itchy areas.
What Do I Need to Do After Breast Lift Liposuction?
One of the factors that could help in your speedy healing and recovery after a breast lift liposuction is your making sure to follow all your surgeon’s instructions closely. Through this you would be able to look out for yourself.
Here are after care tips that you need to follow to ensure your comfort and healing during the recovery process after breast lift liposuction:
- You need to get lots of rest and sleep while in a reclining position. This would help in the healing process because no undue pressure is being placed on either side of your breasts.
- Placing cold compresses on your breasts for twenty minutes of every hours at least for 48 hours help lower down the swelling.
- You also need to have somebody help you out with the household chores especially in the cooking, cleaning and doing the laundry.
- You would need to limit your movement as much as possible. You should also refrain from doing activities that require straining, bending, and lifting.
- Wearing a surgical bra is also needed once your dressings have been removed to provide support to your breasts.
How Much Does a Breast Lift Liposuction Cost and What Are the Other Alternatives?
Getting a breast lift liposuction would be more expensive than just getting liposuction alone or going through just the typical breast lift procedure. As you can deduce, it is probably because this is a combined procedure.
- Liposuction by itself can cost an average of $3,000, while breast lift alone can cost from $4,000 to $9,000 depending on the extent of your incisions.
- So roughly a breast lift liposuction would cost around $7,000 to $10,000.
- But if you think that going through breast lift liposuction costs too much for you, then you can always look into its alternatives. You can try out breast-firming creams, pull-up bras, pectoral exercises and massage treatments.
- There is also another alternative to breast lift liposuction that can be entertained and this is the laser treatment. It is a procedure that does need you to undergo anesthesia and could provide immediate results.
What Is Breast Lift Liposuction All About?
There are women who do not only have sagging breasts but also pockets of fats around or near the breast area. This is not a problem though because it can be addressed by breast lift liposuction.
- This way you will not only have younger-looking breasts but also a leaner upper chest.
- The breast lift procedure would call for the making of incisions around the breasts so that the excess skin can be removed and the repositioning can be done for the reshaping of the breasts. The usual type of incisions used is the anchor-shaped incision.
- The liposuction part of the procedure would call for the use of a large syringe to suck off the fats from around and near the breasts. There are surgeons who do this before making the incision while there are others who do it after.
How Do I Prepare for a Breast Lift Liposuction?
Getting ready to undergo, like any other cosmetic surgical procedure, would need you to employ a number of post-operative measures that will ensure your safety during the surgery and your speedy recovery after.
As such, you would need to follow the instructions given out to you by your surgeon before going through breast lift liposuction and these are among them:
- Going through several tests like physical and medical history examinations, urine exams, and all the blood work.
- Going through a mammogram, if you haven’t gone through one recently.
- Using an antimicrobial soap for bathing two days before the surgery up until several hours prior.
- Quitting smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages months or at least two weeks before the surgery.
- Refraining from taking aspirins, anti-inflammatory drugs, and vitamin E at least two weeks prior and after the procedure.
- Not eating or drinking anything even gums, mints, and water six to eight hours before the surgery.
What Are the Advantages of a Breast Lift Liposuction?
Going through a breast lift liposuction would bring several advantages to you physically and emotionally. Because of this, you would surely experience having your self-esteem improved and your total outlook in life changed for the better.
Here are among the number of benefits you can gain from breast lift liposuction:
- Drooping breasts and pockets of fats on the breast area can be corrected by this procedure, benefiting not only large-breasted women but also small-breasted ones.
- A leaner chest area and younger-looking breasts will be gained by women who will go for the breast lift liposuction thus getting a better body image that could boost their self esteem.
- Better appearance on the breast area would also make women more confident in their choice of clothing. Instead of hiding pudgy and sagging breasts in loose clothing, they would already be comfortable in wearing sexier clothing.
- Getting breast lift liposuction could also lead to a woman’s being more comfortable about participating in social activities because of her enhanced body image.
What Is Breast Cancer Surgery?
This kind of procedure can be done in a couple of different ways and this includes lumpectomy and mastectomy. Breast cancer surgery is an option that is given to a person who finds through a biopsy that the lumps they have in their breasts are cancerous and can pose a great danger to their health.
- When you remove a cancerous lump via breast cancer surgery procedure called lumpectomy, you are removing the cancerous mass from the breast. You will also find that the doctor will remove any other possible cancerous tissues surrounding the mass.
- A mastectomy is the procedure that actually removes part of the breast or the entire breast of the person. This is where the cancerous lump has spread through the person’s breast and has infected a whole mass of tissues found in the breast.
How Do I Prepare for a Breast Cancer Surgery?
When you find that the lump in your breast is cancerous, you may then need to find a surgeon to help you determine the next step you need to take with this cancerous growth. In choosing a surgeon to remove the cancerous mass or lump that is found in your breast, there are a few things you might want to ask to ascertain if the surgeon you are talking to is the one for you.
- You will need to ask your chosen surgeon what your options are in terms of the surgical removal of the cancerous lump in your breast. Since there are a few options for you to choose from where breast cancer surgery is concerned, your surgeon should be able to present you with the options that are available for your particular case.
- You will also have to find a surgeon who you are comfortable with and someone who is skilled in what he does. You will need to determine your surgeon’s experience with this kind of a procedure and your best choice would be one that has been doing different kinds of breast cancer surgery procedures for years.
What Are the Advantages of Breast Cancer Surgery?
It is ideally very advantageous due to the mere fact that your life is being saved from the possibility of serious injury or even death due to the cancer cells that are found in your breast or on the lumps in your breast. Usually, people who survive breast cancer due to breast cancer surgery find that they have a new outlook on life and they try to live better lives due to this near brush with death.
- Most women who are able to get their breast cancer cells out through breast cancer surgery find that they are more enthusiastic about life and everything they do, simply because they survived an ailment that may have otherwise ended their life.
- Another advantage you get from breast cancer surgery is you usually find out how precious life is and you get to try and live a better life due to the scare you got from such an experience.
What Are the Side Effects of Breast Cancer Surgery?
There are a number of side effects to certain breast cancer surgery procedures that you may need to be aware of. Some of the side effects that may arise after your operation include pain or tenderness of the breasts that seem to linger. Other side effects you may also need to look out for include the emergence of new lumps and changes in your breasts.
- You will also need to look out for chest pain and difficulty in breathing due to chest pain. Shortness of breath and a crushing pain in your chest may be a side effect of such an operation.
- You might also experience swelling, rashes, or your skin becoming red from the procedure.
- Other possible side effects of breast cancer surgery include weight loss and pain in your abdomen and even pain in your bones or joints.
What Do I Need to Do after Breast Cancer Surgery?
After your surgery, after care is needed and these include a number of things you will have to do to help determine if there are no more cancer cells left in your breasts or in any other part of your body. Care after breast cancer surgery includes routine checkups and consultations with your oncologist to check for problems that may come with your surgical procedure.
- You may need to have some x-rays and mammograms to ensure that the cancer in your chest did not grow back or that there are no serious problems with the area that was operated on.
- You will also need to take care of your psychological and emotional health after breast cancer surgery. This kind of a procedure is sometimes traumatic for a lot of women and having support groups and doctors to help you get over this trauma is important for returning to a normal life.
How Much Does Breast Cancer Surgery Cost and What Are the Alternatives?
Breast cancer surgery costs are often dependent on the procedure that was used to remove the cancerous lump in the breast. Average cost of such an operation is around $21,000. This amount however does not only cover the cost of the procedure alone but covers almost all of the patient’s needs when it comes to this operation.
- The rather large sum that you may need to pay for breast cancer surgery often covers other procedures needed to help you get rid of the cancerous cells in your breast and in your body. The amount mentioned above oftentimes includes fees for chemotherapy, hospital care, medication, and the like.
- A removal of the cancerous lump in a woman’s breast roughly costs around $4,500 to $5,000 while the cost of a mastectomy is around $6,000 to $6,500.
- If breast reconstruction surgery is needed after breast cancer surgery, you may also expect to spend an additional $3,000 to $10,000, depending on what needs to be done and the extent of the work needed for reconstruction.
What Is Large Breast Augmentation?
There are instances when a woman is gifted enough with large breasts. However, despite having breasts that other women can only dream of having, some women with large breasts still worry about them, not the least due to the fact that they may sag in time not due to wrinkling but due to their susceptibility to gravity and due to their sheer weight. When this is the case, one way to solve the problem is through large breast augmentation.
- In most cases, does not involve adding the bulk or size of the breast. Most commonly, it is only done to make sure that the breasts are in the right position and they do not sag or move about with every movement of the body. This is done by extracting some tissue that may cause the breast to be extremely big.
- It is done to enhance the size of a woman’s breasts. This is made possible through the insertion of a silicon gel or through the pumping of fluid to the breasts contained in a sac through an endoscopic tube.
What Should Be Done to Prepare for the Surgery?
To allow a woman to choose the size and shape that her breasts will look after operation.
- To allow a woman to see how large the implant will be, or in the case of large breast augmentation through pumping fluid, to determine the volume of fluid that will be pumped into her breasts.
- To allow a woman to see for herself to which of her breasts the implant will be placed.
- To allow her to know of the possible consequences of large breast augmentation so she will be well informed of the procedure she is about to go through.
Aside from those listed above, a woman must also observe the following before the procedure:
- Refrain from smoking at least some weeks before the operation.
- Quit drinking alcoholic beverages at least a week before operation.
- Make sure to have the body fully hydrated.
What Are the Advantages of Large Breast Augmentation?
- A woman will be able to enhance her self-esteem as well as the manner through which she may handle herself in social affairs.
- A woman will be able to correct any abnormalities on her breasts due to diseases or any innate deformities. In fact, for most women who underwent augmentation, they see the procedure as a means to be able to correct misshapen breasts.
- A more shapely appearance of the breasts.
- After a large breast augmentation procedure, a woman will be able to marvel at how beautiful her body had become with the curves and shapeliness emphasized.
What Are the Side Effects of Large Breast Augmentation?
By nature, large breast augmentation is a corrective process. Being such, it involves a lot of potential problems, any of which can be encountered by a woman. Some of these problems include the following:
- Loss of sensation, and in some cases, pain. These effects are rather temporary in nature although they may become permanent in which case they signify a serious problem, possibly due to infection.
- There is always the possibility that the operation may not yield the desired size enlargement and shape it was aimed to achieve.
- There may be wrinkling on the surface, which is a possible indication of infection.
- There is also the danger of the implanted material being ruptured and causing infection to the surrounding tissues.
- Another disadvantage is that the implanted material may interfere during mammography screenings, which makes it more difficult to detect diseases affecting the breasts, especially cancer.
What Are the Things That I Need to Do After Surgery?
After surgery is the most critical time. This is a period of adjustment for the body as well as a period marked by discomfort and pain.
- In the first 48 hours of operation (72 hours in some cases), confine yourself to a complete bed rest. This is to allow your body some time to rest as well as to adjust to the operation.
- One will be required to be on diet consisting mainly of fluids, particularly from fresh fruit juices. This diet is designed to allow the body quicker absorption of essential nutrients as well as to refrain it from being strained in digesting solid foods.
- The first 6 weeks after operation is a time for continued consultations and medications. Here, it is important that one will continue taking medication especially to prevent infection as well as to alleviate the pain from the operation.
- Refrain from any strenuous physical activity that will only strain the body and causes more pain to the affected area.
- One will also need to see her doctor after large breast augmentation to make sure that the operation had been a success. This is also a time for both patient and doctor to assess the operation in terms of the shape and size of the breasts after the operation.
How Much Does Large Breast Augmentation Cost?
The cost varies, depending on the material to be implanted. Generally, a silicon gel implant will cost around $5,000 while a saline fluid implant will cost around 30 percent cheaper. However, there are other alternatives to large breast augmentation, all of which are by far cheaper.
- The most common alternative is to use breast enlargement creams that cost around $100 per 100 ml tube. However, such products are of uncertain quality and they may cause irritation in some cases.
- Wearing wonder bras and other clothing that serve to highlight the size of the breast can also result to having a larger breast.
What Is Breast Size Augmentation?
As a woman ages, the signs of her aging becomes apparent with the way her breasts look. This is one area where a woman cannot hide or deny the onset of aging. As a result, the breasts become sagged and wrinkled. When this happens, the only alternative to restore the breasts to its original beauty is through breast size augmentation. In addition, breast size augmentation is also good for those who have small breasts and for those who are seeking for something that will enhance their feminine appeal. Here’s more info about this surgical operation:
- It is commonly done for aesthetic reasons. This is true especially in the case of women who are of advanced age and whose breasts have become wrinkled or smaller.
- Women with inherently small breasts also avail themselves of the procedure to make them appear sexier and more appealing.
What Do I Need to Do to Prepare for a Breast Size Augmentation Procedure?
The main thing to do before breast size augmentation procedure is to consult with your doctor first. This is done in order for the doctor to go over the procedure for the benefit of the patient. Several matters will be decided during these consultations, which are of prime importance is the process such as the procedure of enlargement that will be done, where the insertion will be made, the type of injection that will be made, as well as the size and shape of the implant to be used. Aside from these, the following pre-operation preparations also need to be done:
- If you are smoking, you will be asked to stop for at least two weeks before the procedure. This will actually make healing after the operation faster.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs as these are likely to worsen the condition and make the operation very long and complicated.
- One should get plenty of nourishments from fresh foods. However, on the day of the operation, one must eat only a small meal.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that can be easily removed and changed on the day of the operation itself.
What Are the Advantages of Breast Size Augmentation?
- Increased options when it comes to clothing. A larger breast after a breast size augmentation process is very beneficial to a woman because it increases her options when it comes to wearing clothes. Moreover, she can wear cloth designs that will allow her to expose a little of her cleavage, thus enhancing her sexy appeal.
- Aesthetic improvement. This is the most common reason why women choose to undergo breast size augmentation. Larger breasts help in enhancing their feminine curves while emphasizing the size of her busts for a truly attractive effect. Moreover, one has also varieties of options in enhancing breast size such as shape and the manner through which the enlargement will be accomplished.
- An increase in a woman’s confidence. For a woman who may be suffering from emotional dilemma because her breasts do not measure up to her ideal as well as to societal standards, which is the best answer. No longer will a woman have to be conscious that her breasts are small.
What Are the Risks Involved with a Breast Size Augmentation
It is not without its share of risks. The following are just some of the things that can go wrong:
- Rippling. This happens when the implanted material inside the breasts shift around. This shifting causes an imbalance in terms of bulk on certain parts of the breast. As a result, there are bumps and ridges that form on the surface of the breast.
- Hematoma. Hematoma is another common problem related to enlargement. This condition happens when blood accumulates within a tissue. In case of breast augmentation enlargement, hematomas may appear right after surgery, although they may also appear some time after the procedure.
- Numbness of the nipple and changes in sensation around the operated area.
- There is also a possibility that the breast implant may rupture and leak out the fluids they contain.
- Another possible side effect of breast size augmentation is the possibility of infection. This usually occurs in the first six weeks after operation.
What Do I Need to Do After the Operation?
It is common that the first 48 hours after operation is a truly uncomfortable time for a patient. During this period, she may still be under the effect of anesthesia, although fast fading. As a result, she feels frequent pain that seems to pulsate around her body. However, the pain can be managed through medication, albeit the discomfort will still be there.
- The first 6 weeks after the operation is a very critical phase because it is during this time when any infection may develop. Utmost care should be given on the affected area to ensure no unwanted infection sets in.
- In most cases, scars will also appear at about this time. When this happens, a patient must see her doctor immediately to avoid the situation becoming worse.
- Subsist only on a diet mainly from fluids such as fruit juices and water. This will give the body sufficient nutrients as well as prevent it from becoming dehydrated, which will make the healing process very slow.
How Much Does a Breast Size Augmentation Cost?
- A breast size augmentation procedure commonly costs around $5,000. However, one may have to shell out additional money for insurance. If there are problems related to financing for the procedure, there are various companies that offer loan packages for such operation. The common payback time for the loan is 60 months.
- In case a surgical procedure is beyond one’s financial reach, one may avail of breast massaging techniques that are designed to stimulate the breast tissues, causing the breasts to become larger.
- Another alternative is to use breast enlargement creams that may cost at least $100 per 100 ml tube.